Suggest an idea
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: FDM & Google Chrome
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:43 am 
I have been fiddling with this for half the day and I can tell you that on the whole this simply does not work. I have been downloading from many sites today and FDM hasn't caught a single one. In fact when I try and download even a simple file path it seems to fail where Chrome will catch it. Beats me whats going on but I'm sick of the slow Chrome single threaded download speeds and I'm hanging out for FDM to give me the boost I'm waiting for!!!!

I need answers!!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm 
Joseph wrote:
Hi all,

I am also troubled by FDM unable to support Google Chrome by intercepting the downloads. Thus, I search around and make some test myself. And now, I am able to allow FDM to intercept the downloads.

Information:
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Google Chrome: 3.0.195.33
FDM: Version 3.0 Build 848

1. Navigate to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\.
2. Look for Plugins folder. If do not exist, create one.
3. Open FDM > Options > Settings > Monitoring > Checked Google Chrome.
4. It will prompt you "Can't locate plugins folder and asks to locate it manually.". Click OK.
5. Point to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins\. Click OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome and FDM.

Now it should work. Good luck.

it worked for me. thanks so much!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:23 am 
hi guys, im a vista home premium user

chrome version:4.0.249.78 (36714)
fdm version: 3.0 build (848)

I try the ^ procedure. but the odd thing is appdata folders do not have a folder for application. I crate on as well the plugin folders. Later i go to monitoring at fdm and try the monitoring option. The result? "can't install google chrome monitoring"

I tried running as administrator for fdm the result is still the same. Any advice to counter this problem? Thank you for your time.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:56 am 
guys? anyone to help me solve this problem? its becoming a burden to revert to mozilla to start using fdm

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 am 
bump

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm 
Solved this one,

C:\Documents and Settings\name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Plugin Data\Google Gears

Copy the npfdm.dll into here, tell FDM to monitor Chrome, restart both programs, so far it as not missed a thing on newsgroup downloads or others.

For the noobs out there you may need to view all files in the settings and those with win7 set permissions to allow you in. Hope this works for you all its the same procedure for installing adobe flash without writing the code.
:D

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 pm 
To ^, sorry, but I still get the same " can't install google chrome monitoring' at the setting of FDM, note that im still a vista home premium and i run using administrator permission.

By the way what does 'view all files' in the seeting? all the version i already posted up there. But so far I don't have a 'view all files' option for me to tick.

Yes, after going through all this I really do feel like a noob.
ps: I already copy the nfdm.dll file at google gears. but still the same result.. zzz

pls help. im getting strained to figure this out.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:14 am 
In windows 7 ultimate documents and settings folder on C is hidden along with app data and the permissions are set to not allow users to change them, i would have thought that win 7 and vista would have been the same procedure, as i dont have vista i can only speak for win 7 64 bit but as we speak it hasnt missed a single URL.

The other posts didnt give the path to Google Gears but asked you to open a new folder in the Application Folder are you sure that the relevant files are in Gears folder if so i am sorry, but you could always upgrade to win 7 cheap enough and so much better.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am 
With Internet Explorer you can right click and the menu permits you to download many selected files. How can this be done in Chrome?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 pm 
I have XP pro witch SP3, Google Chrome 4.0.249.89 unknown (38071),
and my freshly donwloaded FDM don't want to monitoring chrome. I try with copy dll to plugins folder but this not solve this problem. Someone can help ?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm 
I have the same issue. Did the install to the plugins folder. NG. Removed and tried the Google Gears folder. NG. Tried a couple other suggested places to store the plugins folder (google search found a couple suggestions). NG. Even tried the suggestion here (http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/plu ... -7943.html). But it failed with an error and would not register the DLL.

Hope a fix is found. Love the program.

Thanks!

FDM V3.0 B.848.
Chrome 4.0.249.89 (38071)
XP Pro SP3
IE8 & FF3 installed.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 am 

I have just loaded Google Chrome and since I have been using it, it just won't allow me access to FDM at all. I put a link to GC and since then FDM disapears from my computer. Ah!! I deleted FDM and re-downloaded it then tried it again. And, still nothing

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:42 am 
i got it working finally

Step 1

http://i36.tinypic.com/9qd0le.jpg

Step 2
make sure the plugins are installed

http://i37.tinypic.com/2u7n56o.png

Step 3 if needed
manually Copy Plugin from FDM program files then copy to google chrome plugin

http://i33.tinypic.com/2hnovvk.png

it work for me

hope this will help

Last edited by Usher on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fixed browser name

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am 
This also does not work for me, google chrome 4, latest FDM (3.0 lite),
and I've tried manually register the dll, putting it in both places.
Im running vista x64.

Looks like a great program, too bad it ignores a browser that has such huge uptake?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:41 am 
I'm currently using a version of FDM, probably lite version that Hughesnet (our satellite internet provider....sucks, but I have no choice right now) has offered to it's customers, which has been modified to limit downloads to "open" download window times between 2 and 7 am (unless forced to DL now).

Anyhow, I'm going to try the more extensive version direct from FDM here. But I also been using Google Chrome (currently 4.0.249.89). In searching for this very question in forum before I pulled the trigger on FDM I just now played with something in the browser, rather than directly addressing why Chrome and FDM may not be playing well together and trying to modify the app files etc, I tried the following;

First, this version of Chrome supports the new extensions and for my work on the web I've found a need to use the extension: IE Tab - Version: 1.2.19.1, Display web pages using IE in a tab so that was already on board before I tried experiment.

I then opened this very page with extensions function and opened as an IE page (don't ask me what IE version it uses, I have no idea).

In my Hughesnet version (which I have been using heavily, since I'm a independent internet marketing consultant and upload and download tons of large files. On a sat connection. Did I mention it sucks ?) I already have check boxes in in Settings>Monitoring set for use with IE. Their version doesn't even have a Chrome option check box.

What I've been doing has been dragging the files in question for download to the task bar icon for DL manager. I have also used the right-click and copy-shortcut way which works....sometimes, to bring up a DL task page. For me either option has been somewhat of a pain, but I need to put these file collections into very specific folders for various campaigns (PLR, MRR, FTP for websites being working on etc) so I use the download category functions to route them to their final homes when finished.

Second, in this new IE page (within Chrome browser) I right-click and at bottom of that menu is options for downloading with FDM, selection or video options.

I know this is more of a stupid-simple method but in seems like it'll work and I'll know more after playing with it more. I know it's not solving original problem but I say "adapt and overcome" :) I hope that helps others too.

I'm going ahead with the FDM download because it has way more functionality and pitching Hughes' version (no love lost). I'll report back if I have any other solutions or work arounds

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next