Download Reconnection problem

Moderators: vaneo, Usher, Victoria Nelson, Alex

Download Reconnection problem

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 am

Hi, just wondering if any one can help me with a small problem.
I was downloading a video and was forced to stop the download so i could restart the computer.
After the restart, the file i was downloading will no longer connect. It is just dorment. I can start the download again and from the same link with no problems but i am already half way through a fairly big file. Where i am downloading from 'Furknet', i have an account so it should just continue but does not...... Any help would be awesome.... Thanks in advance...
SG_Special

Re: Download Reconnection problem

Postby SG_Special » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 am

hi me again..... I thought i was logged in when i posted the problem.... Any help would be great....
SG_Special

Postby SG_Special » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 am

Free Download manager states that the server is not responding, so i entered a new URL and it still is saying the same thing.....
However i can restart the download from scratch from the same server with no problem... Any ideas?
Usher

Postby Usher » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 am

It's been explained more than once why you cannot resume download from file/video hosting services. They use links that expire in a very short time.
Any problems with reading other topics?
Andrzej P. Wozniak, FDM user and forum moderator
Read "How to report a bug or a problem with FDM"
and FDM FAQ before posting
SG_Special

Postby SG_Special » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 am

As a new member to a forum, i was not aware of how the forum works. I am still learning. I thank you for your information but feel there was no need to be so abrupt. I have no problems reading, and if i new where to look for the information i would not have wasted anyones time.

Return to “General forum”