Suggest an idea
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm 
Option in Site Manager\Site properties to override Network\Maximum number of connections.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:05 pm 
1. Is it possible to show the activity of FDM in Drop box (just like what FlashGet & Orbit do)

2. It seems that FDM use system drive as Temp(or buffer), files will be generated when downloads are start (for example, in: C:\Documents and Settings\(UserName)\Local Settings\temp\)
Is it possible to use RAM as buffer and write the data to the download path set(instead of the System drive), to avoid excessive read/write of the system drive.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:33 pm 
I'd just tried FDM and I feel FDM is real nice download manager!

Could you please consider adding a column like "Average Speed" into the information of history or somewhere else ?

I think it could be little bit more attentive, thank you for the FDM !

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:47 pm 
There is a small issue with handling timestamp of file.
If I check the option "Set the date of a file identical to the date specified by the server",
Downloaded files should have same "modified" timestamp to the one on server, and it's fine.
But I found that "created" timestamp is also set to same with "modified".

I don't know well about the transmission of timestamp between server and client in HTTP or FTP.
If there is an information of "created" timestamp in transmission from server, I'll accept FDM to set them. But There isn't, it is unnecessary behavior to set "created" same with "modified", because "created" timestamp would be useful to guess when the file was downloaded by user(me), while "modified" timestamp would be useful to know when the file was modified on server by the author.

I tested several download managers, and most of them set "created" timestamp by downloaded time(actually they just do nothing about created time, system does). I tested Orbit downloader, Flashget, and NetTransport.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 am 

Hi FDM Devs,

Thanks for developing one of the best download managers around! :)

My feature request is basically a UI improvement for Windows 7 OS. I would like the FDM's individual download progress windows to overlay their progress bar status on its taskbar button itself the way Firefox 4's download manager is doing.

Thanks,
Ravi

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 am 
esipoko wrote:
10- Sort order for all download items (Size,...).

Hi, my request is similar to this. I need separate filters for downloads that have been stopped and for downloads that are queued. Currently, queued files are included with stopped files in the "Stopped" filter.

Alternatively, a column in the main window that can sort downloads by their download status would also be fine (with "stopped" and "queued" files being considered different statuses of course).

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 am 
...just for clarification by "queued" I mean downloads that have been started, but aren't currently running due to limits on the "Maximum number of running downloads" setting.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 am 
Hello,

Please, i really would like you to consider seriously the automatic addition of the sum of controls of hashes, CRC32 and MD5 (historical + compatibility), SHA-1 (fast but broken + compatibility), SHA-256 (slow but reliable) in file descriptions.

Basic Mode: The interest is to overcome the problems of defective hard disks with bad sectors. This verifies the data integrity.

Full Mode: View, this can help recover data if a system backup and duplication (by software and or by raid 0 (zero)) is set up (on another storage medium if possible) or a system of corrections error as with archives that are consolidated. And also by testing corrections binary data.

Example real with a program that i use with FDM (French version) to add what is missing in the files of descriptions:

HashTabv4.0.0Setup.zip.dsc.txt

Quote:
HashTabv4.0.0Setup.zip

CRC32: D9120D92
MD5: DB34A8B6BBF4E4885C56D4FB57586DA0
SHA-1: 30D64E4360A6C935B91C8EF067BA8F641F46887F
SHA-256: 68D25DFC4B21A1B45D5A9705FF4ED0504E95199FF8233AFB79E17D9AACD9AE78
HashTab tool to quickly find file hash information :
http://implbits.com/HashTab.aspx
Download HashTab 4.0 for Windows :
https://sites.google.com/a/implbits.com/downloads/hashtab/HashTabv4.0.0Setup.zip?attredirects=0
CRC32: D9120D92 MD5: DB34A8B6BBF4E4885C56D4FB57586DA0 SHA-1: 30D64E4360A6C935B91C8EF067BA8F641F46887F
Download HashTab 1.2 for Mac :
http://www.implbits.com/HashTab/HashTabMac.aspx?attredirects=0
CRC32: 5FC5D62F MD5: 9AF1CCDB8FF59A0E8AF219F3239BEBE2 SHA-1: 12565454C217D7E8C3D64F4549A80549CA9AF3AE

http://www.implbits.com/Products/HashTab.aspx

Ce fichier a été téléchargé de:
https://sites.google.com/a/implbits.com/downloads/hashtab/HashTabv4.0.0Setup.zip?attredirects=1

Date: 06/03/2011, 15:36

You can see a link to the home page (the page closest to the download link) in this example, FDM, unfortunately, does not detect and does not record in the file description, these links. I am obliged to do by hand, and regularly, i put several links with a description as more.

FDM could recover the historical links in the browser with or without the title of the web page to offer the user a link to the source page to download the file.

Sometimes, i need to change the description file and as i do not want the data recording schedules are changed, i use another program to complement of FDM:

ac(AttributeChangerDates&Heures6.20Support64BitIncluded).exe.dsc.txt

Quote:
ac(AttributeChangerDates&Heures6.20Support64BitIncluded).exe

http://www.petges.lu/download/

Ce fichier a été téléchargé de:
http://www.petges.lu/stats/pepper/tillkruess/downloads/tracker.php?url=http://www.petges.lu/download/ac.exe&force

Date: 04/12/2010, 16:51

Yes there is no checksum here ; i still have to perform manual labor. By cons, look at the file name that i completed to allow me to better know what it is ; ("ac.exe" name by default, what is it ?).

Thank you to consider this request.

Report this post

Post subject: Maxthon 3 Integration
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 pm 
I use Maxthon 3 web browser and I couldn't make it right, Free Download Manager won't work with Maxthon 3, could you add a manual integration by adding the web browser's .exe like IDM?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 pm 

1. BitTorrent: the possibility to change download priority of files group (left click+<first file> / shift+left click+<last file>)

2. BitTorrent: the possibility to see download progress for each file, not only for the whole group of files (like in uTorrent)

3. BitTorrent: unambiguous total quantity of seeds and peers in general tab

4. Stream video download: RTMP download possibility (rutube.ru)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 pm 
The possibility to make new section starts XXX (K/M/G)bytes after the previous section (in opposition to distribute them along the file) to in order to download the file approximately from the beginning to the end. (Use case: watching in the same time of downloading a video file)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 pm 
Request: Ability to edit or create cookies for the current download in dowload dialog. Thanks.

Report this post

Post subject: estimated time
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 am 
please add a column displaying estimated time to complete (current time + remaining time).
thank you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 am 
Hello

It ll be wery usefull for me, FDM send jobs directly to a NAS (qnap, ...)

Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 am 
It would be great if the download window included the option to "run file after download" instead of having to navigate through the options to enable it...

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next