Hi Usher,Thank you
for taking the time to help me, diagnose (Dx) my problem, and for the suggested Rx.
Your FDM installation is broken. You should have installed FDM add-on for Firefox version 1.5.5 now.
My FDM install is now intercepting all downloads (including Torrent downloads), from FF, IE, Chrome, and Opera on my PC now. Here are the steps I took to get it working (in case anyone else finds this thread with the same problem):SOLUTION:
- First I uninstalled the FDM extension from FF, and then
- I used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove FDM and all registry traces of it, including
- removal (double-checking that there were none) all remaining config files/folders from the HDD.
- Then I performed a fresh clean install from the latest stable version posted on this website.
- I did not reverse the two modifications I had made in FF, per the above suggestions.
Usher, thank you also for attempting to point me to some other additional helpful resources:
It was explained more than once how to reinstall FDM properly. Read other topics, please.
... unfortunately, after performing a few queries using the search tool here, and also browsing the threads manually, I was unable to find the exact post you were talking about. Since I am new here, it may be a "Sticky"
post (as is customary in help forums these days, for the benefit of easy reference to noobs), but it may be that I'm overlooking something.
=================================================================To Everyone Else here,
Would it not benefit all of us, if the atmosphere was more warm and inviting (forgiving and tolerant)? It's just an idea, no biggee.
Once again, I personally appreciate all of you here
, who generously have shared your knowledge in these forums. Thank you so much
, your small efforts really do make a big difference for many of us, even if we aren't always brave enough to try and raise our own voices as well, in gratitude