Suggest an idea
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 am 
Hey,
I am not too computer savvy and I just started using FDM. Based on the comments all over the web I expected this be "lightening fast."

At the moment however, it seems to be downloading video [premium RS account links] sort of slowly. 90KB/s, with a time estimate that is longer than the length of the video. Is this normal? If it is, that's cool, but if it's not, maybe I have something set wrong, or need some plugin to go along with it?

I use FF 3.6.25. The files are .avi. I have FDM set at the 'heavy mode,' and I think I turned off the proxies (based on a tip that popped up). I don't know anything about mirrors - should I be activating that function?

If there are other components or settings I should be aware of to speed things up, I would sure appreciate the help.

Thanks everyone!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 pm 

1. There is NO download manager that can be "lightning fast" for a downoad with a single connection that is usual for file/video hosting services. It may be only more comfortable in file management in this case.
2. Rapidshare is heavy loaded after some other file hosting services have been closed or have limited their activity. It seems that RS also uses more strict limitations for its users now.
3. You haven't named your FDM version so I can't help you with network management in FDM.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 am 
Do you mean the 1173 number? That's what it is.

Report this post